Wednesday 11 June 2014

My Travel Essentials



The first thing I threw into my bag while packing yesterday was the Nivea Lip Care Sun Protect with SPF30. I've used this before and it does exactly what it says on the tube, however it does taste slightly like sun cream. I do use face wipes along with cleanser, I am extremely lazy and these face wipes that I pick up in Aldi never cause my skin any trouble. For this trip I decided I would try out a new facial wash, I went for the Simple Kind To Skin Moisturising Facial Wash. When removing my make up, I usually use a face wipe to remove the majority of it and then go in with the No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser, which I remove with cotton pads. I'm currently using the No7 Protect & Perfect Day Cream and also the Night Cream. All of the No7 bits came in a Christmas gift set, that I am extremely thankful for right now.


If I remember correctly, majority of these things are shown in my What's In My Bag post so I won't go on for too long. My trusty old friend, Rescue Remedy, just in case I get anxious at any point during the trip. A travel size Colgate Total Toothpaste, I'm not sure why this wasn't included in the picture with my toothbrush but I'm sure they'll be together soon. Soap & Glory Hand Maid and L'occitane Mango Passion Hand Cream, I bring these two products everywhere so it makes sense that they would be piled into my travel bag too. My nail colour of choice is going to be Maybeline Forever Strong in Ceramic Blue, which to my disappointment, they no longer make. I hate brushing my hair, it's always painful and my hair is forever knotty (I always have those knots in the back of my hair that appear from nowhere) but it must be done so in goes the hairbrush too! 


I will be bringing my toothbrush and using it with the toothpaste, despite the fact that I decided to split them up for this post. My favourite shampoo and conditioner to take anywhere with me are the Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo and 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner. If I use these for an extended period of time my hair gets used to them and they don't work as well, hence why I only use them when I travel. Everyone needs deodorant, let's be real. My deodorant of choice is the Mitchum Advanced Control Shower Fresh 48H Protection.


Lastly, we have the entertainment and bits that are actually essentials! My notebook is from Paperchase, I like to make lists daily and have a place to write down blog ideas. I have Givoanna Fletcher's book Billy and Me, pictured here. I actually read this last summer and it won't be my reading material for this trip but what I am reading is on the boy's kindle so I couldn't show it to you. I thought Billy and Me would be a good substitute as the book I am going to be reading is You're The One That I Want, also by Giovanna Fletcher. I will be taking my 5 year old Ipod with me to listen to The Danny Duncan Show and possibly some music. Actual things that I will need for my trip include, my purse, phone and passport! My snazzy pink passport case came with my passport, I quite like it.


So, I know there are definitely things missing here but that is the bulk of what I am taking with me minus clothes and my make up bag. Which I will be showing you in a post next week! As you probably will have guessed by now, I am really excited to go to Paris but I'm also very sad to leave my blog for a week. Never fear though because I have some wonderful guest bloggers to keep you guys entertained next week, along with a few scheduled posts of my own. 

What are your exciting plans for the summer? 




8 comments:

  1. Great post! Looking forward to see what clothes you are bringing with you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't quite decided yet so me too! Glad you liked the post :) x

      Delete
  2. I loved both of Giovanna's books! You're the One that I Want is my favourite though - you will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm as excited to read it as I am to actually go on holiday! xx

      Delete
  3. Great post so helpful as i go away next friday :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope this helps in some way! Have a fantastic holiday :D

      Delete
  4. Great post, I really want to read that book and the ceramic blue nail polish is still for sale on Fragrance direct if you needed a new bottle
    Beth x
    mermaidindisguise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might do a book review when I get back :) Oh, that's great, thank you so much for letting me know :) x

      Delete