Thursday 5 June 2014

Strawberry Blondies

It's that time of the week again, that time where I share my favourite recipes with you guys. It's my favourite time of the week and these are definitely my favourite posts to make. So I hope you all enjoy reading them, and hopefully give them a go! I'm always looking for new recipes to try so if you ever have any requests feel free to tweet me or leave a comment and I shall spend my time perfecting and tweaking recipes to make the best one. This week I bring you, the Strawberry Blondie. Now, the name is debatable, I could call them "White Chocolate & Strawberry Brownies" because Blondies aren't always made with white chocolate and generally use brown sugar but when I think of a Brownie I think of rich, dark chocolate so I feel that calling these Blondies is a bit less misleading. Also, you can barely taste the white chocolate, so if you're not a lover of white chocolate, do not worry, you can still try these! 
You can change the recipe to include all different types of berries. If you would like, you could also add some chopped pieces of white chocolate. Feel free to use brown sugar instead of white if you prefer a more "authentic" Blondie taste. These were also super easy to cut which I was really surprised by, I cut mine into 12 bite-size pieces (they may be slightly bigger than bite-size, I'm just greedy/I have a big mouth) and they tasted fantastic, if I may say so myself.  



Ingredients:

120g butter
100g caster sugar
2 eggs 
120g plain flour
200g white chocolate
100g strawberries 

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4 and line a square baking tin with baking parchment. 

2. Melt the butter and white chocolate together. (You can do this in a microwave just make sure to keep an eye on it as you go.)

3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Then add the butter and chocolate mixture.

4. Slowly sieve the flour into the bowl, folding it gently into the mix.

5. At this point, add in the strawberries and any other things you would like.

6. Pour into the tin and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown. (Mine are slightly too brown on some parts as you can see, oops.)

7. Wait until completely cooled to cut into pieces and then all that's left to do is eat them! 


** When I make brownies/blondies, I line the tin so that there are two baking parchment flaps over two sides of the tin, so that when I remove from the oven I can pick it up using them, straight from the tin and transfer onto a wire rack. I hope this made sense, I'll be sure to take a picture next time! 




4 comments:

  1. These look really yummy, I think I would top mine with strawberry icing. Great tip on parchment paper Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mm, great idea! Thank you, i hope I explained it okay. :)

      Delete
  2. This is my idea of heaven in a treat ! x

    ReplyDelete