Saturday 7 June 2014

Seven Happy Things #4

I absolutely love writing these posts and a lot of people seem to enjoy reading them, which makes me so incredibly happy. This week I've decided to change the format slightly though, I don't know if it will be a permanent thing or not, we shall see. Instead of writing one thing or moment from each day that had me made me happy, I am going to write seven things that I have been grateful for this week. In all honesty, sometimes it's quite difficult to find things in a day that are exciting or interesting, some days are just really boring and mundane. However, I know that there are plenty of things that I have to be grateful for each week, so I am going to give this a go!


  1. McBusted - As I mentioned it last week's Sunday post, I went to see McBusted on Monday in Dublin and it was so wonderful I can't even explain. I've always loved Busted, I think they're great, to this day. I remember the moment I first heard McFly, I was standing in front of the TV in my old house in England when the music video for "Five Colours In Her Hair" came on and I went crazy. They are my all time favourite band. This afternoon I also put the Busted album " A Present For Everyone" in the boy's car and we listened to it the whole way through.

  2. The Danny Duncan Show - This is a a podcast by Danny Duncan, the drummer for the We The Kings, who also now does daily vlogs with his girlfriend, Lindsey and their pup, Mr. King. I started listening to it this week and it cheers me up so much. He's always accompanied by long time friends and/or band members. My favourite podcasts have been the ones with Lindsey though, they seem like two of the most genuine people out there.

  3. Good Internet - We have amazingly fast internet in my house, which makes blogging a lot easier in terms of uploading large pictures and generally just getting things done faster. It was cut off for two days this week though, which meant no blogging or youtube videos or twitter blogger chats. So yes, this week I am even more grateful for the internet, and the fact that it is back in my house again.

  4. Ice Cream - 99 cones with a flake, to be exact. Probably a weird thing to be grateful for, grateful probably isn't even the word. I am more grateful that the weather in Ireland has been nice enough to stop for an ice cream on the way home multiple times this month.

  5. My Dogs - I have two dogs, Ollie and Max. Max is a Jack Russell and Ollie is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Max is mine and Ollie is the family dog. I have so much love for these two. I would have probably gone insane a long time ago if it weren't for them. Ollie is the sweetest pup in the world, I've had really bad days when I've just cried and Ollie has sat with me, pawing at me and falling asleep next to me. I will be forever grateful for him.

  6. The Boy - He reads these so I'm not going to go on for too long and inflate his ego. In short, he is the most wonderful person in the world. I'm grateful to have him in my life every day but this week marks the fourth year of him being around. He has been extremely good to me in the past four years and I am super excited for all the years to come. I am also very glad that he now loves Max as much as I do.

  7. Books - I don't read as much as I would like to, or as much as I should but this week I gave the boy "The Fault In Our Stars" to read and he's really enjoying it. There's nothing better than giving someone a book and seeing them love it as much as you did. Earlier, I purchased Giovanna Fletcher's new book "You're The One That I Want", so I am now even more excited to be heading off to Paris next week so I can read it. I read her first book "Billy And Me" last summer, it's a fantastic, I would highly recommend reading it if you haven't already.



    So there you go, seven things I have been grateful for this week! Leave me a comment down below letting me know what you have been grateful for this week. Also, if you're feeling kind, I'm looking for guest bloggers for the middle of June, I have a post about it here, I would really appreciate it if you had a read and maybe got in contact if you'd like to get involved! 






2 comments:

  1. I really love posts like these! I'm so grateful for my dog, they're such a comfort and a source of such joy and they don't even realise it! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is it exactly. I think that's what makes them so sweet, the fact that they don't even realise how much joy they bring! x

      Delete