Sunday 22 June 2014

Seven Happy Things #6

Anyone else got the Sunday blues? I know I do. I have had the most fantastic week filled with Disneyland excitement and good news. A lot of what has happened almost doesn't feel real. I have fulfilled my life long dream of going to Disneyland and I am finally getting back on my feet, after what has been an utterly terrible two years. So this post is coming to you from a very happy Katie!



  • I started off my week in Disneyland Paris, perfect way to start the week, right? It was amazing, everything I have ever imagined and more. The boy and I went on all the rides a part from the ones that were closed (Space Mountain & Dumbo). Our favourite rides were Big Thunder Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. I took quite a few pictures in Disneyland, although they're not the best quality because I had to take them on my phone but there will be a post including them on Wednesday.

  • On Tuesday, we visited the second park in Disney which is the Walt Disney Studios. This park has lots more photo opportunities and shows, including a studio tram tour and a stunt show. We met Buzz Lightyear, too. The first ride we went on was Crush's Coasters (Crush the turtle from Finding Nemo), it turned out to be our favourite, much less timid than we had imagined while queuing up. Later that night we stood and watched the Night-time show. I have never seen anything like it in my life. I'm not going to even try to explain it but you can watch it here. I highly recommend that you do, it nearly brought me to tears.

  • We took a trip to the Val d'Europe on Wednesday. I was completely gob-smacked when I realised how massive it was. The best way I can put it in perspective for you is to tell you that there is an Aquarium with over 5.000 species of sea life below it on the lower ground floor. Definitely a must see for the next time we're in Paris. We spent the day shopping (and eating) and I managed to pick up a few beauty bits and kitchen pieces which I'm excited to show you tomorrow.

  • I arrived back in Cork at 3am on Thursday morning, I stayed at the boy's house. Later that morning, I was woken by a phone call from my Mum, telling me that I had been offered a place at college, studying Professional Cookery. Not going to lie, I cried about it. The past two years have been rocky. I've never been completely certain of what I wanted to do with my life, until now. I also mentioned my blog (it was in it's early stages with barely any views or followers and mainly focused on baking)  in my interview, I like to think that that helped me secure my place.

  • Friday was a pretty chilled day. I caught up with all my favourite blogs, replied to comments on my own blog, answered a few emails and wrote a blog post. It felt like a very productive Friday.

  • A good friend of mine is moving to Glasgow on Sunday, so on Saturday I went to visit her for a few hours. I made her a special print as an engagement gift and put it in a frame, I am so proud of it. I could post it on Twitter if anyone would be interested in seeing it. She loved it, that's the main thing.

  • My Sunday will be a slow one, aren't all Sundays? The boy and I are finally home with our pup and I for one, am extremely happy about that. I package also arrived for me on Friday, I won a giveaway over at BeautyAngel blog, so I'm excited to try out all the goodies today.



    I hope you all had a wonderful week. The whether here in Cork is amazing at the moment, hopefully it's sunny wherever you are. What have been your highlights of this week?

11 comments:

  1. I love DLP. I've been a few times. I look forward to reading about your trip.

    Well done on getting into your course. Sounds like you wowed them! Exciting times ahead!

    Caroline
    www.puttingyourlifeinorder.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best place I have ever been! Thank you so much, I'm so excited. :)

      Delete
  2. well that's amazing! being a new reader to your blog i didn't know that you wanted to study Professional Cookery. i've always had a love for that too, especially baking :) i think it's wonderful that you are able to do that. i definitely understand what you mean when you said you didn't know what you wanted to do with your life, cause i still dont haha! its scary, but in the end everything is going to fall into place. :) happy sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baking and food is actually why i started my blog. There's been a baking post every week since i started, i love it. 😊 Glad things are finally coming together. Hope you have a fantastic week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, this was really sweet of you to say. 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done for getting on the course - I wish you all the success and the best with it! Slow Sundays are the best aren't they?! Especially in the summer when you can get out and laze in the garden for a bit and soak up the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try not too soak up too much sunshine, I burn easily!

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you had a wonderful time! I love Disneyland Paris and would defiantly recommend Disney World! Lovely post! Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will slowly but surely make it round all the Disneys! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks for sending your link across in tonight's chat.

    I'd love to visit Paris and Disneyland would be a great place to spend a day. That aquarium sounds amazing! When I went to Berlin in December we visited the Zoo and the Aquarium and I was blown away, there was a huge part inside where we could see so many different fish and be face to face with them (well, apart from the glass hah)

    www.hello-freckles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! I love zoos and aquariums, some of my favourite places to visit. :)

      Delete